Marketplace Consultant with a Leading Global Internet Retailer
This rapidly-growing and globally recognised retail powerhouse offers a creative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment for hard-working people. The business seeks to improve customer and seller experience by working directly with sellers to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. The team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve seller engagement and satisfaction and enable scalable global solutions through direct cooperation with the US, China and Japan Teams.
The team is seeking a dynamic and motivated Marketplace Specialist to develop sellers and help grow their newly launched programs. You will be responsible for working with a group of 15-20 sellers to help them grow their businesses in the EU, offer support on launching on new programs, explore marketing tools and advise on account strategy and selection listing. You will also be responsible for recruiting and on-boarding sellers to this new service and will be their primary point of contact. Your work will be supported by a premium support service, to help address operational and technical issues. This is an opportunity to shape a key new growth program for the business.
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the paid service programs
- Identify, qualify, and engage with prospective sellers based on a clear understanding of sellers and their needs
- Manage a portfolio of sellers concurrently and strategically to drive sustainable growth, based on a strong understanding of marketplace programs, tools and processes
- Analyse customer data and make recommendations in order to maximise the potential of the assigned sellers
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers in your portfolio. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity
- Understand and utilise CRM tools such as Salesforce to track all pertinent account information and sales progress
- Prepare and deliver business reviews regarding progress and state of health for the respective assigned portfolio
- Develop a thorough understanding of the marketplace services industry and competitive environment, including knowledge of competing product offerings
- Manage additional projects around the newly launched program such as process, tool and content development, competitive analysis, and sales analysis as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience including 3+ years of sales or marketing experience in E-Commerce, retail technology, SaaS, or software
- Strong analytical skills including Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to successfully influence at all levels within an organisation, particularly at the executive level
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- A passion for developing an engaging customer user experience with demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
If this sounds like you please contact us or upload your CV.