Marketing Manager (Books) with a Leading Global Internet Retailer
This rapidly-growing and globally recognised business offers a creative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial work environment for hard-working people. The business is seeking a hands-on, data driven, and innovative Marketing Manager to develop and grow Paid Search and Affiliates marketing channels and accelerate new customer acquisition in 170 countries.
The business is a leading international online book retailer with a unique value proposition – huge selection (20 million books), low prices and Free Delivery Worldwide. They serve customers in 170 countries and display books in 26 different local currencies, with dynamic prices. Their vision is to offer all books to all, improving affordability and access to books through their core value proposition of large selection, low prices and Free Delivery Worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role will be working with 3rd party agencies to develop Paid Search bidding strategy by optimising existing strategies and testing new levers to reach new customers. You will also be responsible for leading the agency to recruit new affiliates in target countries and grow new customer acquisition from existing partners.
- Work with the finance and stakeholders to agree Paid Search and Affiliates tenets, budgets and business cases.
- Manage Paid Search and Affiliates agencies, holding them to account on hitting commercial goals.
- Identify, recruit, and cultivate new and existing affiliate/network relationships that will expand reach to new customers, driving incremental business.
- Initiate tests and mechanisms to improve the efficiency and growth of Paid Search marketing.
- Align with internal teams on promotions, creative and key messages for campaigns.
- Invent and prove new digital advertising models to acquire new customers at scale.
- Write documents and reports to share plans and results with key stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience managing Paid Search and Affiliates programmes in an e-commerce business.
- Strong data-driven background – proficiency in SQL, Excel and reporting tools such as Tableau.
- Great analytical skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Ability to work well with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Enterprising, creative and ambitious, with a love for both creating new programs and realising the full potential of existing initiatives.
- Upbeat, positive attitude, with ability to roll up sleeves and be hands on.
- Strong sense of ownership, demonstrating full accountability for the result or outcome of a project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA.
- Experience managing SEO projects in an e-commerce business.
- A passion for books.
If this sounds like you please contact us or upload your CV