Technical Business Development Manager with a Leading Global Internet Retailer
This rapidly-growing and globally recognised retail powerhouse offers a creative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment for hard-working people. The business is currently looking to grow their team to support the growth of a new, industry-specific offering in the UK.
The team is innovating in the Operations and Logistics space and are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, and analytical Technical Business Development Manager for the team. The ideal candidate will be excited by partnering in launching a new start-up and will have familiarity with leading B2B business development and tech partnership activities.
To be able to serve their customers, the business will require a web of connections (“integrations”) with a variety of ecommerce solutions including order and shipping-related software. They are looking for a Technical Business Development Manager that will support their largest accounts, consult them during the sales process on the best way to integrate within their existing order/warehouse management systems, support the API integration process by liaising with external partners and internal tech teams, and trouble shoot where necessary during roll-out. The person in the role will be the key tech liaison between customer and partner for the more complicated customer integrations and will also nurture and expand existing partnerships, develop an expert knowledge around tech integrations and roll-outs, demonstrate results and build business cases for further investment. The role would suit a “general athlete” with a high-calibre commercial tech background or someone with a background in the parcel industry. The ideal candidate will have experience developing relationships across functional areas such as Sales, Tech, and Ops, project management experience managing complex B2B implementations and has a proven track record of meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets. The successful Technical Business Development Manager will be comfortable navigating ambiguity and operating in a start-up environment.
- Develop deep and broad relationships with executives and technical stakeholders at partner organisations
- Lead tech and integration discussions with large shippers, support the onboarding process and troubleshoot where needed
- Lead tech integrations with partners by collaborating with tech and product teams
- Identify other new tech partnership opportunities, defining a business cases to justify further investment (e.g. marketplaces, agencies, consultancies, brokers, resellers, other organisations that provide integrations and/or services to our mutual customers).
- Create program goals and related metrics, track progress and manage through obstacles to achieve your objectives
- Relay market needs and requirements back to internal teams including Product Management and Technical teams
- Share learnings and adopt best practices across marketplaces (rest of EU, US, etc)
- Analyse current processes and our customers’ pain-points and evaluate opportunities for solutions to improve end user experiences, reduce costs, and accelerate organisation performance
- Assess program risks, anticipate challenges, and provide escalation management when necessary
- This role will be based in London and with moderate travel (maximum 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Deep technical and software expertise
- Desire to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to effectively advise senior leadership
- Proven ability to develop strong and collaborative working relationships with customers or external parties and influence others to achieve outstanding results
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Strong ownership, bias for action
- Track record of success in roles of increasing responsibility
- Technical Sales background with a parcel or relevant carrier
- Experience with order/multi carrier systems and other shipping technologies
- Experience developing delivery methodologies
- Concrete experience leading complex digital applications through multiple lifecycles
- 3+ years of product management experience for a technical product
- Passion for and understanding of running technical API implementation
If this sounds like you please contact us or upload your CV