Sales Manager, Leading Sales Strategy for the Education Vertical with a Leading Global Internet Retailer
This rapidly-growing and globally recognised retail powerhouse offers a creative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment for hard-working people. The business is currently looking to grow their management team to support the growth of a new, industry-specific offering in the UK.
The team is dedicated to developing solutions that make it easy for customers to buy through a Business Account. Account Managers are responsible for initiating and developing strong relationships with business customers. They balance their time between acquiring new business customers and assisting those customers in enabling their account to best suit their specific needs.
Part of the senior team, this person will own the sales and development strategy for the education sector. They will be responsible for managing a team of account managers, driving their team’s performance against sales goals and engage with business customers. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a sales team, developing relationships across functional areas such as procurement, procure-to-pay, production, maintenance, supply chain and IT in large, complex businesses and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Develop and own the sales strategy for the education vertical
- Manage a team of account managers
- Report on prospect acquisition pipeline and customer spend adoption
- Develop a territory customer acquisition and account management plan
- Drive team to meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition and customer spend adoption
- Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts
- Drive and accelerate spend adoption within assigned accounts
- Ability to converse with senior customer stakeholders including CPOs, Directors and VPs of Procurement, VP’s Supply Chain, and others
- Relay market needs and requirements back to internal teams including Product Management, Technical and Category Management teams
- Work closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other key internal stakeholders
- Proven inside sales experience within the B2B sector
- Strong Sales experience and Sales team management experience
- BA/BS degree (MBA degree a plus)
- Highly analytical with exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven consultative sales experience meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets (ideally within the education sector)
- An understanding of procurement and/or source to pay processes and solutions within the education sector
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Strong ownership and bias for action
- Active listener and effective communicator
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
If this sounds like you please contact us or upload your CV.